whole ball of wax
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic, slang) The entire or overall plan, concept or action.
- The whole ball of wax will be viewed in 5 minutes.
- In my opinion the whole ball of wax depends on what she'll say.
- (idiomatic, slang) Everything of a similar or related nature; everything necessary for a particular purpose.
- We've got pots, pans, the food and cooking utensils—the whole ball of wax.
- for a list of other "whole ___" terms that mean "everything / the whole thing", see the whole nine yards