Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Having large or wide-open eyes.
- She was like her mother: tiny, curly-haired, and wide-eyed.
- (by extension) Astonished or surprised.
- The magician's trick left the audience wide-eyed.
- 2014, Rebecca Ley, "City versus country childhoods", The Guardian, +201 December 2014:
- Country life doesn’t protect you from real life. A rural childhood may leave you wide-eyed a bit longer about some things, but it doesn’t confer the insulating innocence that some parents seem to hope.