Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Animals, plants, and fungi, not normally domesticated, variously excluding some or all of plants, fungi, fish, insects and other invertebrates, and microscopic plants and animals.
- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) Wild animals, excluding fish.
- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) Wild animals.
- (slang) Members of a college fraternity
animals and plants in their natural environment
- wildlife at OneLook Dictionary Search
- "Definitions and Acronyms", Department of Ecology State of Washington. URL accessed on 2011-04-28.
- "Regulation definitions", North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission. URL accessed on 2011-04-28.
- "Glossary", The Pacific Streamkeepers Federation. URL accessed on 2011-04-28.
- "Wetlands Discovery Program Dictionary", Santa Clara Valley Audubon society. URL accessed on 2011-04-28.