write + -able
writable (comparative more writable, superlative most writable)
- Capable of being written.
- Are sign languages writable?
- (computing, of a file, storage device, etc.) Capable of being written to.
- The file is writable only for users in the admin group.
- I burned my family's vacation photos onto a writable CD.
- 2013, Patrick Alessi, Professional iOS Database Application Programming
- The following code snippet shows how to check whether a writable database already exists, and if not, create an editable copy.
- (programming) mutable
- 2009, Randi J. Rost, Bill M. Licea-Kane, Dan Ginsburg, OpenGL Shading Language
- In general, writable variables must have unique instances per processor executing a shader and therefore cannot be shared.