Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Yardie
yardie (plural yardies)
- Alternative form of
yardie (plural: yardie dem, quantified: yardie)
- 2011, Kamille Gentles-Peart, Maurice L. Hall, Re-Constructing Place and Space: Media, Culture, Discourse (in English), →ISBN, page 47:
- “Nuff foreign yardie was flying dung fe de holidays. De fair skin airplane lady a de airport was preaching to evrybaddy fe please, Check on only two piece a baggage an carry de littlest one pon de plane.”
- Lots of overseas Jamaicans were heading back home for the holidays. The white air hostess at the airport announced that everyone should check only two items of luggage and take one item as a carry-on.
- Nuff yardie weh live a farin wish dem coulda guh back a yard.
- Many Jamaicans who live overseas wish they could go back to Jamaica.