Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: jamaican
Jamaican (plural Jamaicans)
- A person from Jamaica or of Jamaican descent.
- The Jamaican creole language.
- Jamaican English.
- (person of Jamaican descent): person
- (creole language): creole, creole language (Creole language)
- (English): English
person of Jamaican descent
Jamaican (not comparable)
- Of, from, or pertaining to Jamaica, the Jamaican people or the Jamaican language.
- Jamaican apple
- Jamaican patty
- Jamaican time
- Jamaican vomiting sickness
- Jamaican spindalis (Spindalis nigricephala)
of, from, or pertaining to Jamaica, the Jamaican people or the Jamaican language
- A normal Jamaican ting dat.
- That's a normal Jamaican thing.
- 2019, Zalika Reid-Benta, Frying Plantain: Longlisted for the Giller Prize 2019 (in English), →ISBN:
- “ […] Yuh sure yuh a Jamaican gyal? […] ”
- […] Girl, are you sure you're Jamaican? […]
Jamaican (plural Jamaican dem)
- Mi haffi tell unnu dat mi a Jamaican.
- I must say (to you all) that I'm a Jamaican.
- 2005, Mervyn Morris, Making West Indian Literature, →ISBN, page 80:
- “ […] 'nutten eena di world nuh sweet like when fi mi Jamaican dem go fi spoke […] ”
- […] nothing in the world is better than when Jamaicans attempt to speak eloquently […]
- Richard Allsopp (main editor), Dictionary of Caribbean English Usage, 2003 (reprint by The University of the West Indies Press, originally 1996 by Oxford University Press), ISBN 9789766401450 (originally ISBN-10: 976-640-145-4), page 311