yellowtail (not comparable)
- Having a yellow tail.
yellowtail (plural yellowtails)
- Yellowtail amberjack (Seriola lalandi).
- A fish native to the northwest Pacific, often used in sushi, the Japanese amberjack (Seriola quinqueradiata).
- Any of various fish with yellow tails, including:
- A European moth (Euproctis similis)
- The yellow-tailed black cockatoo (Calyptorhynchus funereus), a large cockatoo native to the south-east of Australia.
- The yellow-tailed oriole (Icterus mesomelas), a passerine bird in the New World family Icteridae.
- The yellow-tailed woolly monkey (Oreonax flavicauda), a New World primate endemic to Peru.
- yellowtail cribo (Drymarchon corais corais)
- yellowtail amberjack (Seriola quinqueradiata)
- yellowtail barracuda (Sphyraena flavicauda)
- yellowtail flounder (Limanda ferruginea, syn. Pleuronectes ferruginea)
- yellowtail horse mackerel (Trachurus novaezelandiae)
- yellowtail snapper (Ocyurus chrysurus)