Jump to navigation Jump to search
From the similarity of the stripes to those of a zebra.
Audio (AU) (file)
- (Australia, UK, New Zealand, Singapore) A pedestrian crossing featuring broad white stripes painted parallel to the street.
- 2008 December 16, Roy, Arundhati, The God of Small Things, Random House, →ISBN, OL 24604480M, Ch. 1:
- They also believed that if they were killed on a zebra crossing, the Government would pay for their funerals. They had the definite impression that that was what zebra crossings were meant for. Free funerals.
- 2010 December 22, “Beatles' Abbey Road zebra crossing given listed status”, in BBC News:
- The Abbey Road zebra crossing in north London — made famous after appearing on a Beatles album cover — has been given Grade II listed status.
pedestrian crossing featuring broad white stripes