-ārius m (feminine -āria, neuter -ārium); first/second declension
- Used to form adjectives from nouns or numerals.
- camerārius (“climbing, creeping”), from camera (“vault, arch”)
- ordinārius (“ordinary, of the rank and file”), from ordō (“line, row”)
- quaternārius (“quaternary”), from quaternī (“four at a time, by fours”)
- (masculine only) -er; Used to form nouns denoting an agent of use, such as a dealer or artisan, from other nouns.
- argentārius (“banker”), from argentum (“silver”)
- aviculārius (“bird keeper”), from avicula (“little bird”)
- rētiārius (“net fighter”), from rēte (“net”)
Derived terms 
Related terms