Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- IPA: /ˌsindəˈrɛlə/
Proper noun 
- A popular fairy tale embodying a classic folk tale myth-element of unjust oppression and triumphant reward, of which there were hundreds of versions before modern times.
- The main character in this story, a mistreated and impoverished girl. At a royal ball she meets a handsome prince who later identifies her with a dropped article, most commonly a slipper, and removes her from her poverty.
- (rare) A female given name
Derived terms 
main character in this fairy tale
Cinderella (plural Cinderellas)
- (by analogy) A mistreated and impoverished girl.
- (attributive) Rising unexpectedly from obscurity to success, as a Cinderella team.
- (attributive) Neglected and denied resources, as a Cinderella service.
- (philately) A stamp or stamp-like label issued for purposes other than postal administration, not issued by a central government, or not listed in most general catalogues.
- (rare, disparaging) A woman employed to clean, especially to remove ash from stoves and fireplaces.
- L. N. and M. Williams, Cinderella Stamps, London, Heinemann, 1970