Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Appendix:Variations of "id"
Alternative forms 
See also 
- Abbreviation of Identification or identity documentation.
- Abbreviation of Intelligent Design.
- Abbreviation of inside diameter.
- Abbreviation of inner diameter.
- Abbreviation of internal diameter.
- Abbreviation of industry discount.
Derived terms 
identification or identity documentation — see ID card
Proper noun 
- Abbreviation of Idaho.
- (transitive) To identify (an object, etc.).
- (transitive) To request to see a person’s identification for proof of identity or age.
- The bartender will have to ID you before serving you a drink.