Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
The following information passed a request for deletion.
This discussion is no longer live and is left here as an archive. Please do not modify this conversation, though feel free to discuss its conclusions.
- Delete SOP, but this sounds like the sort of word other languages might have one-word terms for, so it has potential as a translation target. — Ungoliant (Falai) 21:39, 7 July 2013 (UTC)
- Keep as a translation target if the translations currently given in the entry are accurate, including French galeriste, German Galerist, Italian gallerista, Polish marszand, Portuguese marchand, galerista, Russian арт-дилер, Spanish marchante, galerista. Using this tentative personal inclusion criterion: The term has to be useful for translation into at least three languages and the three translated terms (i) must be single-word ones and (ii) they must not be closed compounds. --Dan Polansky (talk) 18:39, 9 July 2013 (UTC)
- Keep, for the same reasons as Polansky stated. Воображение
- Keep as a translation target Matthias Buchmeier (talk) 16:08, 16 July 2013 (UTC)
- The good reason for keeping is that it's a term of the English language. It happens that this term is composed of two words, and that its SOPness makes its inclusion less useful that e.g. galeriste, but it belongs to the vocabulary of English nonetheless. The common term is not art merchant, nor art trader, nor art vendor (despite the fact that all these are used), it's art dealer. Lmaltier (talk) 16:52, 2 August 2013 (UTC)