Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|Search user languages or scripts|
- If you see me using incorrect English, please send me a message so I can learn from my mistakes.
- If you know of any book or media that is exceptionally good for learning German, Latin or Italian, tell me about it.
Uncitable Southern Brazilian regionalisms
- cracóvia: a type of salami made by Polish immigrants (from Cracóvia (“Krakow”));
- crêndios padre / crêndios pai / crêndios: an expression of terror, awe or surprise (from Spanish cree en dios, padre);
- louco de (colloquial): very; extremely;
- mede-mede: inchworm (reduplication of mede (“measures”));
- mirde bom/bão, mirde: used as an answer to greetings equivalent to how are you?, and to express gladness with the outcome of a deal (from Caipira pronunciation of mil (“thousand”) de (“of”) bom (“good”));
- paraguaio: of poor or low quality (a reference to counterfeit goods imported from Paraguay by sacoleiros);
- perpreto: nonstandard form of perplexo;
- piá de apartamento: a stereotypical boy who lives his entire life in an apartment;
- tongo: a foolish person; foolish (from Rioplatense Spanish);
- tonguice: foolishness; a foolish act (tongo + -ice);
- tonguear: to act foolishly (tongo + -ear);
- tabuleiro: chopping board;
- tristonhoco: down, depressed (tristonho + -oco);
- vina: hot dog sausage (from German Wiener).
- Giving Portuguese tbot entries proper entries. I always try to make the entries as complete as possible.
- (5 May 2011) Began
Portuguese tbot entries timeline
- (31 July 2012) Finished.
- Maintaining Wiktionary:Requested entries (Portuguese)
- On hold.
- Maintaining Category:Portuguese terms needing attention
- (5 August 2012) emptied it.
- Expanding Portuguese entries per frequency:
- Began: 11 August 2012.
- 100 most common: 15 March 2013.
- 200 most common: 13 April 2013.
- On hold.
- Have Portuguese beat Spanish in number gloss definitions
- (11 March 2014) 17317 definitions behind.
- (28 March 2014) 15099 definitions behind.
- (15 April 2014) 11973 definitions behind.
- (6 May 2014) 12137 definitions behind.
- (22 May 2014) 11546 definitions behind.
- (10 June 2014) 10832 definitions behind.
- (2 July 2014) 9725 definitions behind.
- (29 July 2014) 9575 definitions behind.
- (20 August 2014) 8907 definitions behind.
- Maintaining WT:FWOTD
- Maintaining WT:STATS
- Portuguese words by frequency;
- Words in the Fala language;
- Portuguese words of Germanic origin (moved from appendix; mostly rubbish).
Requested entries and content:
- Words which are examples of themselves;
- (Pseudo-)archaic Main Page;
- My linguistics and lexicography related neologisms.