Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Agitation
agitation (plural agitations)
- The act of agitating, or the state of being agitated; the state of being moved with violence, or with irregular action; commotion.
- After a storm the sea is in agitation.
- A stirring up or arousing; disturbance of tranquillity; disturbance of mind which shows itself by physical excitement; perturbation.
- She causes great agitation within me.
- Excitement of public feeling by discussion, appeals, etc.
- the antislavery agitation
- labor agitation
- After this conflict pro-independence agitation temporarily died down.
- Examination or consideration of a subject in controversy, or of a plan proposed for adoption; earnest discussion; debate.
Act of agitating
a stirring; a disturbance of tranquility
Borrowed from Latin agitatio.
agitation f (plural agitations)