Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA: /ˈɛn.i.bɒd.i/, /ˈɛn.i.bə.di/, X-SAMPA: /"En.i.bQd.i/, /"En.i.b@.di/
- (US) IPA: /ˈɛn.i.bɑd.i/, /ɛn.i.bə.di/, X-SAMPA: /"En.i.bAd.i/, /En.i.b@.di/
Audio (US) (file)
- Any one out of an indefinite number of persons; anyone; any person.
- Anybody will do.
- Is there anybody inside?
- (informal) A person of some consideration or standing.
- Everybody who wants to be anybody will come to Jake's party.
- Here one isn't anybody, if one doesn't dance like Travolta.
(colloquial) a person of consideration or standing
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked