From Middle English breedthe, bredethe, alteration (due to nouns ending in -th: length, strength, wrength, etc.) of Middle English brede ("breadth"; see bread), equivalent to broad + -th. Cognate with Scots bredth (“breadth”), Dutch breedte (“breadth”).
breadth (plural breadths)
- The extent or measure of how broad or wide something is.
- A piece of fabric of standard width.
- Scope or range, especially of knowledge or skill.
- (mathematics) (graph theory) the length of the longest path between two vertices on a graph
- (extent or measure of how broad something is): width
- (piece of fabric of standard width):
- (scope or range): extent, range, scope, size