Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -eɪd
- To bring up or nourish by hand, or with tenderness; to coddle; to tame.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Johnson to this entry?)
cade (plural cades)
- a prickly, bushy Mediterranean juniper, Juniperus oxycedrus, whose wood yields a tar.
- (archaic) A cask or barrel, used in the British Book of Rates for a determinate number of some sort of fish. For example, a cade of herrings was a vessel containing 500 herrings, while a cade of sprats contained 1,000.
- second-person singular present active imperative of cadō "fall thou"