Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɑːtə
cantata (plural cantatas)
- (music) A vocal composition accompanied by instruments and generally containing more than one movement, typical of 17th and 18th century Italian music.
- The regularly formed plural cantatas is by far the most common, though the Italian-style plural cantate is not completely unheard-of.
cantata f (plural cantate)
- nominative feminine singular of
- nominative neuter plural of
- accusative neuter plural of
- vocative feminine singular of
- vocative neuter plural of
- ablative feminine singular of