Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
- conservatour (obsolete)
conservator (plural conservators)
- One who conserves, preserves or protects something.
- (law) A person appointed by a court to manage the affairs of another; similar to a guardian but with some powers of a trustee.
- (Roman Catholicism) A judge delegated by the pope to defend certain privileged classes of persons from manifest or notorious injury or violence, without recourse to a judicial process.
- A professional who works on the conservation and restoration of objects, particularly artistic objects.
one who conserves, preserves or protects something
professional who works on the conservation and restoration of objects
Related terms 
Derived terms 
- curator (of a museum or a library)