Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 English
- 2 Ladino
- 3 Portuguese
- 4 Spanish
defender (plural defenders)
- Someone who defends people or property.
- (law) A lawyer who represents defendants.
- A fighter who repels an attack.
- (sports) One of the players whose primary task is to prevent the opposition from scoring.
someone who defends
defender (Latin spelling)
- to prohibit
- to defend (repel an attack)
- to defend (represent as a legal professional)
- (rhetoric) to defend
- to support (to back a cause, party etc.)
- (sports) to defend (to prevent the opponent from scoring)
- (sports, intransitive) to play in defense
- (higher education) to formally present a dissertation, thesis or project
Conjugation of the Portuguese -er verb defender
Conjugation of defender (See Appendix:Spanish verbs)
Rule: e becomes ie in stressed syllables.