Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (RP) IPA: /ˈkɒnvɪkt/, X-SAMPA: /"kQnvIkt/
- (US) AHD: kŏn'vĭkt; IPA: /ˈkɑnvɪkt/, X-SAMPA: /"kAnvIkt/
Audio (US), noun (file)
- (transitive) To find guilty
- as a result of legal proceedings, about of a crime
- informally, notably in a moral sense; said about both perpetrator and act.
Related terms 
to find guilty
- (law) A person convicted of a crime by a judicial body.
- A person deported to a penal colony.
- A common name for the sheepshead (Archosargus probatocephalus), owing to its black and stripes.
- (person convicted of crime): assigned servant, con, government man, public servant
- (person deported to a penal colony): penal colonist
Derived terms 
- con (synonym)
person convicted of a crime
person deported to a penal colony
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.