Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 English
- 2 Albanian
- 3 Catalan
- 4 Romanian
cub (plural cubs)
- A young fox.
- (by extension) The young of certain other animals, including the bear, wolf, lion and tiger.
- (humorous or derogatory) A child, especially an awkward, rude, ill-mannered boy.
- O, thou dissembling cub! what wilt thou be / When time hath sowed a drizzle on thy case?
- (obsolete) A stall for cattle.
- I would rather have such […] in cubor kennel than in my closet or at my table.
- (obsolete) A cupboard.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Laud to this entry?)
the young of certain animals
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- To give birth to cubs
- To hunt fox cubs
- (obsolete) To shut up or confine.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Burton to this entry?)
- ^ “cub” in Vladimir Orel (1998), Albanian Etymological Dictionary, Ledien, Boston, Köln: Brill Academic Publishers, page 48
cub m (plural cubs)