Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 English
- 2 French
- 3 Italian
- 4 Latin
- 5 Portuguese
- (Received Pronunciation) enPR: kyo͞ob, IPA(key): /kjuːb/
- (US) enPR: kyo͞ob, IPA(key): /kjub/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -uːb
cube (plural cubes)
- (geometry) A regular polyhedron having six identical square faces.
- Any object more or less in the form of a cube.
- a sugar cube
- a stock cube
- (mathematics) The third power of a number, value, term or expression.
- the cube of 2 is 8
- (computing) A data structure consisting of a three-dimensional array; a data cube
- (geometry: polyhedron having of six identical square faces): regular hexahedron (rare)
- (object in the form of a cube): block, brick, die, square block
- (number raised to the third power): third power
geometry: polyhedron having of six identical square faces
object more or less in the form of a cube
arithmetic: number raised to the third power
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- (transitive, arithmetic) To raise to the third power; to determine the result of multiplying by itself twice.
- Three cubed can be written as 33, and equals twenty-seven.
- (transitive) To form into the shape of a cube.
- (transitive) To cut into cubes.
- Cube the ham right after adding the curry to the rice.
- (UK) to use a Rubik's cube.
- He likes to cube now and then.
- (to cut into cubes): dice
arithmetic: to raise to the third power
to form into the shape of a cube
to cut into cubes
cube (plural cubes)
- A cubicle, especially one of those found in offices.
- My co-worker annoys me by throwing things over the walls of my cube.
cube m (plural cubes)
- "cube" in le Trésor de la langue française informatisé (The Digitized Treasury of the French Language).
- Feminine plural form of cubo
- vocative singular of