cuisine (plural cuisines)
- a characteristic style of preparing food, often associated with a place of origin
- French cuisine is considered to be one of the world's most refined and elegant styles of cooking.
- The restaurant is noted for its excellent cuisine.
From Old French, from Vulgar Latin *cocīna, from Latin coquīna, whence also Catalan cuina, Galician cociña, Italian cucina, Portuguese cozinha, Spanish cocina, and ultimately English kitchen, Dutch keuken and German Küche).
cuisine f (plural cuisines)
- first-person singular present indicative of cuisiner
- third-person singular present indicative of cuisiner
- first-person singular present subjunctive of cuisiner
- third-person singular present subjunctive of cuisiner
- second-person singular imperative of cuisiner