Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Onomatopoeic, from the sound made when a person runs while wearing daps.
dap (plural daps)
- (Bristolian, Wales, usually in plural) A plimsoll
- (Bristolian) To run or go somewhere quickly.
- I'll just dap down to the shop.
- Dap describes special examples of dipping, dabbing, or bouncing actions.
- Sinking in metalworking is the technique of creating a hollow indentation, also known as doming, dishing or dapping.
- Generally to rebound or adopt a rebounding action, e.g. to fish by letting the bait dip and bob lightly onto the water, in the manner that some insects lay eggs in the water.