Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
duplicate (not comparable)
- being the same as another; identical. This may exclude the first identical item in a series, but usage is inconsistent.
- This is a duplicate entry.
- to make a copy of
- If we duplicate the information, are we really accomplishing much?
- to do repeatedly; to do again
- You don't need to duplicate my efforts.
- to produce something equal to
- He found it hard to duplicate the skills of his wife.
to make a copy of
See also 
duplicate (plural duplicates)
- One that resembles or corresponds to another; an identical copy.
- This is a duplicate, but a very good replica.
- Sir W. Temple
- I send a duplicate both of it and my last dispatch.
- (law) An original instrument repeated; a document which is the same as another in all essential particulars, and differing from a mere copy in having all the validity of an original.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Burrill to this entry?)
an identical copy
- second-person plural present indicative of duplicare
- second-person plural imperative of duplicare
- Feminine plural of duplicato
- first-person plural present active imperative of duplicō