Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A pass entitling the holder to admission to a show, concert, etc.
- A pass entitling the holder to board a train, a bus, a plane, or other means of transportation
- A citation for a traffic violation.
- A permit to operate a machine on a construction site.
- A service request, used to track complaints or requests that an issue be handled. (Generally Internet Service Provider related).
- (informal) A list of candidates for an election, or a particular theme to a candidate's manifesto.
- Joe has joined the party's ticket for the county elections.
- Joe will be running on an anti-crime ticket.
- A solution to a problem; something that is needed.
- That's the ticket.
- I saw my first bike as my ticket to freedom.
- 1884, Mark Twain, chapter 34, Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, ISBN 0-553-21079-3:
- "Here's the ticket. This hole's big enough for Jim to get through if we wrench off the board."
Derived terms 
Terms derived from the noun "ticket"
admission to entertainment
pass for transportation
informal: list of candidates
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
See also 
- To issue someone a ticket, as for travel or for a violation of a local or traffic law.
Derived terms 
to issue someone a ticket
ticket m (plural tickets)
ticket m (invariable)
- definite singular of tick