Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
- præserve (archaic)
- A sweet spread made of any of a variety of berries.
- A nature preserve.
Usage notes 
More often used in the plural, as strawberry preserves, but the form without the -s can also be used as the plural form, or to refer to a single type.
See also 
- To protect; to keep; to maintain the condition of.
- Orbiting Earth in the spaceship, I saw how beautiful our planet is. People, let us preserve and increase this beauty, not destroy it - Yuri Gagarin (the first man in space)
to keep; to maintain the condition of.
preserve (infinitive preservar)
- First-person singular (yo) present subjunctive form of preservar.
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present subjunctive form of preservar.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) imperative form of preservar.