Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (idiomatic) To be fooled; to walk into a trap or respond to a scam or trick.
- I can't believe how many people still fall for the coin glued to the sidewalk.
- (idiomatic) To fall in love with someone.
- He really fell for the attractive waitress at his favorite restaurant.
- 2012 May 27, Nathan Rabin, “TV: Review: THE SIMPSONS (CLASSIC): “New Kid On The Block” (season 4, episode 8; originally aired 11/12/1992)”, The Onion AV Club:
- The neighbor is eventually able to sell her home despite Homer’s pants-less affronts to propriety and decency and Bart falls deeply and instantly for one of its new inhabitants, a tough but charming and funny tomboy girl named Laura (voiced by Sara Gilbert) with just the right combination of toughness and sweetness, granite and honey.
To be fooled; to walk into a trap or respond to a scam or trick