Alternative forms 
- (obsolete) A changeling or elf child; a child left by fairies.
- (obsolete) A deformed or foolish child; a simpleton; an oaf.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Drayton to this entry?)
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- on -- es liegt auf dem Tisch (it is on the table) dat
- onto -- stell es auf den Tisch (place it on the table) acc
Note: The preposition "auf" is used with accusative case if the verb shows movement from one place to another, whereas it is used with dative case if the verb shows location.