Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
flue (plural flues)
- A pipe or duct that carries gaseous combustion products away from the point of combustion (such as a furnace).
- An enclosed passageway in which to direct air or other gaseous current along.
- (obsolete, countable and uncountable) A woolly or downy substance; down, nap; a piece of this.
- In an organ flue pipe, the opening between the lower lip and the languet.
pipe that carries gaseous combustion products away from their origin
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Inflection of flue
- (insect) a fly
- flue på veggen - fly on the wall
- fluge (Nynorsk)