Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
fungo (plural fungoes)
- (baseball) A fielding practice drill where a person hits fly balls intended to be caught.
- The fielding coach played fungo with the outfielders to warm them up.
2007 January 25, Murray Chass, “Yanks Hope to Get a Jump in China”, New York Times:
- Alex Rodriguez and Derek Jeter aren’t going to China to […] hit fungoes to wide-eyed Chinese kids.
- (baseball, informal) A fungo bat.
- He is so strong he could hit it out of the park with a fungo.
fungo m (plural funghi)
- first-person singular present indicative of
- dative singular of
- ablative singular of
fungo m (plural fungos)
- cogumelo m