Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Alternative forms 
gasolene (archaic in America, but not in Jamaica)
- (uncountable) (North America) A flammable liquid consisting of a mixture of refined petroleum hydrocarbons, mainly used as a motor fuel; petrol.
- So you punched out a window for ventilation. Was that before or after you noticed you were standing in a lake of gasoline? - 1991, Robert DeNiro (actor), Backdraft
- 2012 October 31, David M. Halbfinger, "," New York Times (retrieved 31 October 2012):
- Localities across New Jersey imposed curfews to prevent looting. In Monmouth, Ocean and other counties, people waited for hours for gasoline at the few stations that had electricity. Supermarket shelves were stripped bare.
- (countable) A certain kind of gasoline.
- The quality of automobile gasolines varies considerably from one country and producer to another.
- The X refinery produces a wide range of gasolines.
Usage notes 
Gasoline is defined by its combustion properties rather than by chemical composition, which is quite variable.
Derived terms 
- gas (North America)
countable: a particular kind of gasoline
gasoline (not comparable)
- Made from or using gasoline.
- Plural form of gasolina