Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -uːmɪŋ
- Present participle of groom.
- Care for one's personal appearance, hygiene, and clothing.
- The act of teaching someone, often for advancement at work.
- Caring for horses or other animals by brushing and cleaning them.
- The act of attempting to gain the trust of a minor with the intention of having a sexual relationship with him or her.
- (care for one's appearance):
- (act of teaching): coaching, mentoring
- (caring for horses): currying
- (attempting to gain the trust of a minor):
- (care for one's appearance): personal hygiene – more basic level of care
attempting to gain the trust of a minor