Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Guts
- Plural form of gut
- The entrails or contents of the abdomen.
- (slang) Courage; determination.
- It must have taken some guts to speak in front that audience.
- She doesn't take any nonsense from anyone—she's got guts.
- (slang) Content, substance.
- His speech had no guts in it.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- (informal) To show determination or courage (especially in the combination guts out).
- He gutsed out a 6-1 win.
- genitive singular indefinite of gut
- Rhymes: -ʏts
- M. J. Koenen & J. Endepols, Verklarend Handwoordenboek der Nederlandse Taal (tevens Vreemde-woordentolk), Groningen, Wolters-Noordhoff, 1969 (26th edition) [Dutch dictionary in Dutch]