Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- yet, still, however, nevertheless, after all
- Kifizette az adósságát, mégis megverték. - He payed his debt, nevertheless they beat him.
- Said when returning to a previous idea that has been rejected
- Mégis busszal kell mennünk, mert a kocsi összetört. - We need to go by bus nevertheless, as the car is broken.
- Mégis meg lehet javítani. - It can be repaired in fact (unlike it was previously thought, but first it was hoped it could be repaired)