Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Muffin
The origin is unknown.
muffin (plural muffins)
- (UK) a type of flattish bun, usually cut in two horizontally, toasted and spread with butter, etc, before being eaten
- (especially US) A type of rich individual cake containing chocolate chips, blueberries or some other flavouring.
- (computing) a mechanism used in the Java Network Launching Protocol analogous to the cookie mechanism and which permits a program running in a browser to perform operations on a client machine
- (slang) a term of endearment
- (sexual slang) a vulva
- (baseball, slang) a less talented player
- (slang) a charming, attractive young man
- 2001: The name/value pairs provided by the PersistenceService are similar to browser cookies. The Java Web Start implementation honors this legacy by naming the pairs "muffins." — JNLP and Java Web Start, Sun Developer Network, Technical Articles and Tips, 30 May 2001.
- 1989: I wanna be stuffin’ Martha’s muffin!!!, — Mojo Nixon and Skid Roper Stuffin’ Martha’s Muffin.
- (flattish bun): English muffin (US)
From English muffin.
muffin m (plural muffins)