Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
nurture (plural nurtures)
- The act of nourishing or nursing; tender care; education; training.
- That which nourishes; food; diet.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Spenser to this entry?)
- The environmental influences that contribute to the development of an individual; see also nature.
- A man neither by nature nor by nurture wise.
Related terms