Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
obverse (not comparable)
- Turned or facing toward the observer.
- The obverse side of the gravestone has the inscription.
- Corresponding; complementary.
- When you speak clearly, people understand you. If you don't mumble, the obverse effect is observed.
- (botany) Having the base, or end next to the attachment, narrower than the top.
- an obverse leaf
- (turned toward the observer): facing, presenting
- (corresponding): analogous, like, parallel, reciprocal
turned or facing toward the observer
obverse (plural obverses)
- The heads side of a coin, or the side of a medal or badge that has the principal design.
- The medal had a cross on the obverse and had a name inscribed on the reverse.
- (logic) The double negative of a statement e.g. All men are mortal => No man is immortal
- reverse (side of a coin, medal or badge)
the heads side of a coin, or the side of a medal or badge that has the principal