Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- enPR: ŏs'trĭch, enPR: ôs'trĭch
- (UK) IPA(key): /ˈɒs.tɹɪt͡ʃ/, /ˈɒs.tɹɪd͡ʒ/
- (US) IPA(key): /ˈɒs.tɹɪt͡ʃ/, /ˈɔs.tɹɪt͡ʃ/, /ˈɒs.tɹɪd͡ʒ/, /ˈɔs.tɹɪd͡ʒ/.
Audio (US) (file)
Audio (US) (2) (file)
ostrich (plural ostriches)
- A large flightless bird (Struthio camelus) native to Africa.
2013 July 26, Nick Miroff, “Mexico gets a taste for eating insects […]”, The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 7, page 32:
- The San Juan market is Mexico City's most famous deli of exotic meats, where an adventurous shopper can hunt down hard-to-find critters such as ostrich, wild boar and crocodile.
large flightless bird
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked