Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
patchwork (plural patchworks)
- A work, such as a blanket, composed of many different colors and shapes, sewn together to make an interesting whole.
- Any kind of creation that utilizes many different aspects to create one, whole piece.
- Bill took all of his poetry and put it together in a folder. It made up a patchwork of his life.
Related terms 
a work composed of many different colors and shapes
any kind of creation that utilizes many different aspects to create one, whole piece
- To create a patchwork from pieces of fabric
- To assemble from a variety of sources; to cobble together
patchwork m (invariable)
- patchwork (all senses)