Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈpɜːfjuːm/
- (US) pûr'fyo͞om", IPA(key): /ˈpɝfjuːm/ or enPR: pər-fyoo͞m', IPA(key): /pɚˈfjuːm/
Audio (US) (file)
- A pleasant smell; the scent, odor, or odoriferous particles emitted from a sweet-smelling substance; a pleasant odor; fragrance; aroma.
- A substance created to provide a pleasant smell or one which emits an agreeable odor.
2014 March 7, Nicole Vulser, “Perfume manufacturers must cope with the scarcity of precious supplies”, The Guardian Weekly, volume 190, number 13, page 30:
- The perfume industry is facing a major problem: maintaining constant levels of quality is crucial, but it is increasingly difficult to obtain a regular supply of all the necessary natural ingredients.
substance providing a pleasant smell
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
to apply perfume to
perfume m (plural perfumes)
- Formal second-person singular (usted) imperative form of perfumar.
- First-person singular (yo) present subjunctive form of perfumar.
- Formal second-person singular (usted) present subjunctive form of perfumar.
- Third-person singular (él, ella, also used with usted?) present subjunctive form of perfumar.