Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Seemingly or apparently valid, likely, or acceptable; credible: a plausible excuse.
- Obtaining approbation; specifically pleasing; apparently right; specious.
- a plausible pretext; plausible manners; a plausible delusion
- Using specious arguments or discourse.
- a plausible speaker
- (obsolete) Worthy of being applauded; praiseworthy; commendable; ready.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Bishop Hacket to this entry?)
Derived terms 
worthy of being applauded
plausible m, f (masculine and feminine plural plausibles)
plausible (masculine and feminine, plural plausibles)
Middle French 
plausible m and f (plural plausibles)