Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: re-create
- (transitive) To give new life, energy or encouragement (to); to refresh, enliven.
- Painters, when they work on white grounds, place before them colours mixed with blue and green, to recreate their eyes, white wearying […] the sight more than any.
- Dr H. More
- These ripe fruits recreate the nostrils with their aromatic scent.
- (reflexive) To enjoy or entertain oneself.
- (intransitive) To take recreation.
to give new energy