Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: réparation
reparation (plural reparations)
- (usually in plural) A payment of time, effort or money to undo past transgression(s).
- I am sensible of the scandal I have given by my loose writings, and make what reparation I am able.
- The act of renewing, restoring, etc., or the state of being renewed or repaired.
- the reparation of a bridge or of a highway
payment to undo transgressions
renewing or restoring
- a repair (mending something broken)