Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To examine sequentially, part by part.
- (computing) To create a digital copy of an image using a scanner.
- To look about for.
- He scanned the horizon.
- (poetry) To fit or conform to a specific meter.
- (obsolete) To mount by steps; to go through with step by step.
create a digital copy of an image using a scanner
look about for
form a poetic metre
scan (plural scans)
- An instance of scanning.
- The operators vacated the room during the scan.
- The result or output of a scanning process.
- The doctors looked at the scans and made a diagnosis.
instance of scanning
- scan in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- scan in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- scan at OneLook Dictionary Search