Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: richiamò
- Sharp and narrow like a stiletto.
- Her stiletto heels would cause damage if she ever stepped on someone's foot with them.
- A short sharp knife or dagger-like weapon intended for stabbing.
1905, Baroness Emmuska Orczy, chapter 1, The Tremarn Case:
- “There the cause of death was soon ascertained ; the victim of this daring outrage had been stabbed to death from ear to ear with a long, sharp instrument, in shape like an antique stiletto, which […] was subsequently found under the cushions of the hansom. […]”
- A rapier.
- An awl.
- A woman's shoe with a tall, slender heel (stiletto heel).
- A beard trimmed into a pointed form.
- The very quack of fashions, the very he that / Wears a stiletto on his chin.
short sharp stabbing weapon
rapier — see rapier
awl — see awl
woman's shoe with a tall, slender heel
stiletto m (plural stiletti)
- first-person singular present indicative of stilettare