Dependent pronoun: masculine third person singular
This form of pronoun is an enclitic, which must directly follow the word it modifies. Its meaning depends on its context.
- When it follows a verb, it indicates the object of the verb
- In the second and third person when it follows an adjective, it forms the subject of an adjectival sentance
- When it follows a relative adjective, such as ntj, ntt, and jsṯ, it indicates the subject of the relative clause (Usually only in the first person singular and third person neuter)
- When it follows an imperative, it indicates the object of the verb.
- When it follows a particle like mj.k, it indicates the subject of the clause.
- When attached to a preposition, it indicates the object of the preposition
This pronoun has a variant hieroglyphic writing:
Dependent pronouns inflect for gender and number. The "neuter" third person form is used for inanimate objects. See individual pages for variant writings.
|2nd masculine||ṯw / tw||ṯn / tn|
|2nd feminine||ṯn / tn|
Allen, Middle Egyptian
sw m (plural swau)