Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Having guardianship or protection.
- when a minor is involved, frequently tutelary powers acompany powers of attorney
- Of or pertaining to guardians
- those are, of course, tutelary benefits which follow the tutelary responsibilities
- Having the qualities of a tutor.
- 1891 — Thomas Hardy, Tess of the d'Urbervilles, Ch XXIX
- She loved him so passionately, and he was so godlike in her eyes; and being, though untrained, instinctively refined, her nature cried for his tutelary guidance.
having guardianship of
tutelary (plural tutelaries)
- A guardian or protector
- Batman served as a tutelary of Gotham City