Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -iːk
tweak (plural tweaks)
- A sharp pinch or jerk; a twist or twitch.
- a tweak of the nose.
- Trouble; distress; tweag.
- A slight adjustment or modification.
- He is running so many tweaks it is hard to remember how it looked originally.
- (obsolete, slang) A prostitute.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Brathwait to this entry?)
a sharp pinch or jerk; a twist or twitch; as, a tweak of the nose
a slight adjustment or modification
- (transitive) To pinch and pull with a sudden jerk and twist; to twitch.
- to tweak the nose.
- (transitive, informal) To adjust slightly; to fine-tune.
- If we tweak the colors towards blue, it will look more natural.
- (transitive) To twit or tease.
- (intransitive, US, slang) To abuse methamphetamines, especially crystal meth.
- (intransitive, US, slang) To exhibit symptoms of methamphetamine abuse, such as extreme nervousness, compulsiveness, erratic motion, excitability; possibly a blend of twitch and freak.
- (intransitive, US, slang) To exhibit extreme nervousness, evasiveness when confronted by law enforcement or other authority (e.g., customs agents, border patrol, teacher, etc.), mimicking methamphetamine abuse symptoms.
to pinch and pull with a sudden jerk and twist; to twitch.
to slightly adjust or modify
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary, Springfield, Massachusetts, G.&C. Merriam Co., 1967